Thursday, April 30, 2009
I made the wrong one. And now the world has to pay. Because if you all remember, I was supposed to be going to Mexico on Sunday.
Yeah, that didn't work out for me.
So now we're going to the Catskills. No. I'm not kidding. Stop laughing. Yes, I'm under 60. Am hoping that I take ballroom dance lessons and Johnny and Penny have a gig that Penny can't go to, so I have to step in but then bad stuff goes down and Johnny gets fired, and then at the end of our stay, Johnny comes back to dance one last dance with me, and says to me "Nobody puts SJ in the corner."
Oh, and we're going to the casino. To hang with Brittany. Because we're so alike.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
We were lovingly tagged by the adorable Geiger Girl.
If you've never checked out her blog, you should. She's so amusing, she's radioactive. Get how I did that there? Radioactive? Geiger?
Sorry. Am tired. No excuse I realize. Am also batshit crazy this week, however.
8 Things I am looking forward to:
- Am dressing up like a pirate this weekend and singing sea songs. Jealous?
- Leaving for Los Cabos
- ... in Mexico
- .... laying on the beach
- .... drinking margaritas.
- ... acting as trophy wife.
- ... living for a week in flip flops.
- .... and sundresses.
- Showered. Lucky coworkers.
- Worked up a storm.
- Ate a turkey and brie panini.
- Did some more working.
- Thought briefly about the things that I still need to do before going to Mexico.
- Had a very brief electronic conversation with my sister.
- Met my friend Jeff for happy hour and to celebrate his a) turning 40 b) getting a new job c) leaving CT.
- Rocked out to Fiona Apple.
- Fly. Seriously. Would make my fear of heights completely dissipate. Also would make travel so much easier, and my commute so much better... really, flying is the answer to it all.
- Quit my job so I could spend more time with family and friends.
- Go on a European tour.
- Write a book (started... like 3. Someday...)
- Stop and/or rewind time.
- Use a remote control on other people to mute them, rewind them, fast forward them and pause them.
- Be more tolerant of others. And by others, this week I mean people who speak in a combination of initials and letters.
- Plant a money tree. How awesome would that be?
Not sure that I can come up with 8... but will include channel flipping.
- Grey's Anatomy
- Iron Chef America
- Masterpiece Theater
- Family Guy
- The Daily Show
- Colbert Report
- The Simpsons
Hugs and kisses,
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
However, my darling husband has been on a roll.
Try to contain yourself from jealousy over the loving relationship that we have. (Am kidding. I'm totally certain he loves me, but he loves mostly to tease me in public to watch my reaction. It's like an Olympic sport for him.)
So I give you:
My favorite of J's top quotes.
1) "Would it kill you to put a little makeup on?"
2) "The Amish called. They want their dress back."
3) "You are one bonnet short of a Mennonite."
4) "There's this new invention called the comb. Hear of it?"
I should mention that all of these were uttered when we were out to dinner the other night, and only mentioned in front of the waiter, who I'm sure was ready to slip me a domestic abuse pamphlet.
5) "Would you like a hamburger with that cheese?"
6) "Dude.... Dude.... Dude.... Dude...Are you sleeping?" (about 2 minutes after we turned the lights off last night. I blame the sugar and comedy central.)
7) "Bailey and I had a conversation and he thinks you should sleep on the couch."
8) "Whatever. Tell your gay boy friend/girl friend/amusement park worker/flight attendant I said hello."
9) "But you have to lose big. Because otherwise the house wins." (When trying to explain Poker at the casino to me. This still seems backwards.)
10) Him: "Honey.... honey... honey.... honey.... honey.... honey..."
Him: "What, I was going to tell you I love you. You don't have to be all mean about it."
I know. True love is painful to witness.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
How's it going? If you've guess SJ has had a crapload of caffeine today, you are exactly right! Every thought of mine right now is magnified and running about 10 times faster than usual!
So right now, I've had very little sleep because of my crazed addiction to work, which is second only to my crazed addiction to the office coffee maker. I can guarantee you this blog post isn't going to make much sense in paragraph form, so I've decided to bullet point my thoughts.
- I have a splinter in my finger because of seriously overly ambitious pruning in my yard on Sunday. The splinter is mostly gone, but I think there's still a piece left. A friend told me to put a piece of ham on it. I think she's just trying to make me look silly.
- Yes, I did yard work. About four hours of it, after getting 3.5 hours of sleep the night before.
- Because the night before I went to see Rick Springfield.
- Stop laughing. I'm totally serious.
- Yes, he sang Jessie's Girl. Yes, it was awesome. There was an encore.
- Again I ended up at a karaoke bar, and actually sang by myself. Thank god there were no video cameras.
- It gets worse. I sang a Jewel song. But at the time, I had a super awesome time. Sunday may have been a little tough, however.