Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'm beginning to realize I'm kind of a b*tch...

So after picking on the poor ol' Pretend Husband for his freakish behavior when it comes to drawer organization, I thought it was only fair to show a glimpse of what he has to put up with when I'm around.

I was reminded about this past Christmas by a jewelry commercial on the radio this morning for one of those bracelets with the charms that get added for different occasions. They're nice and all, but very definitely not.my.thing. Just before Christmas, the PH and I heard a commercial for them and I started going off on a rant about how I would hate to have something like that and they're stupid and thank goodness I have a husband who would never buy me such a ridiculous gift... (the rest was drowned out by the very large foot in my mouth)

And that's when the PH told me to shut it, grabbed a bag from the jewelry store out of his closet and left. Turns out he had bought me one of those bracelets because he had liked the look of it with one special charm he had picked out. He had no plans to add all the charms, but thought it would be something I would enjoy having with the one charm. Yeah, I'm an idiot (a lucky idiot because, even after all that, he picked out a different-- very beautiful-- bracelet for me as a Christmas gift).

So, yeah, a little b*tchy, huh? THEN I remembered the Christmas before and the debacle I created that year. On my first birthday after our wedding, the PH presented with a gorgeous necklace that was accompanied with a note that said he picked out the particular stone in it because he knows it reminds me of my mom and for some other personal reasons (I know! sweetest guy ever!) And I loved the necklace and all was well and good... until he gave me the matching earrings for Christmas. They were beautiful for sure, but huge and not my style at all. And I was worried that they would stay in my jewelry box and never get worn because they weren't my style.

Then I found out how much they cost and that further convinced me to return them and put the money toward a mortgage payment instead. And, for the record, we returned them rather than exchanging them. Does that get me any points at all?

But, yeah, I realize I'm the shrew of a wife who can't gracefully receive the gifts my husband thoughtfully  picks out for me. And the PH must be a glutton for punishment because he hasn't given up yet.

6 comments:

Soda and Candy said...

Jewelry is so tough though!

Can't he stick to like, chocolates?

Tash said...

At least he didn't get you a vacuum cleaner.

Andy - Instafather said...

You definitely are a tough gift receiver... has the foot since left your mouth?

KAT's little sis said...

huh, reminds me of a little episode with the PH's little sis about a certain color sweater you thought she would like.......she probably well prepared the PH for a wife as b*!#@y as you!

Lady Jane said...

Well at least you said something BEFORE you opened it as a gift:)) Came across your blog...really like it. I'll be back

Sam_I_am said...

haha, Fiance doesn't buy me much jewelery, but he's pretty good at it. I have 3 holes in each ear, but I never wear earrings, so he doesn't buy them, but he is fab at necklaces. He gave me a beautiful heart for our first Christmas and I wear it almost every day. When it came to the Engagement Ring... I picked that myself.