Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Did I mention how good the ice cream is?

If there is one sport I absolutely cannot tolerate, even for a few minutes, on TV or in person, it's baseball. And golf. Yeah, I said "one sport" but I hate them both. Except I probably hate baseball more because there's a chance of being asked to go to a game, while no one has ever asked me to a golf... match? tournament? game? extravaganza? Whatever you call it, I've never been invited.

And now I am faced with what I'm calling a "very important decision" (but only because work is slow and life is boring and this decision is about as important as it gets right now. don't worry, I realize it doesn't really rank in the grander scheme of things...)

But anyway. The Pretend Husband was given tickets to a baseball game this weekend. And he's peer pressuring me into going with him. The good part? It's in the city I went to college in, a city I love, love, love and haven't been to in way too long and it's home to the best ice cream I've ever had. But. I would have to go to the stupid baseball game.

So, on the one hand, city I love, best ice cream ever, a night away from home, the best ice cream ever, hanging out with the PH, the best ice cream ever... And, on the other stupid hand, stupid baseball. I'm a fan of football and I will willingly watch basketball games with the PH, but I cannot stand baseball. It's long, it's boring and it's long.

Let's hear what you think? Do I suck it up with the best ice cream ever as my sweet, sweet reward? Or do I skip it purely for health reasons (i.e. there's a strong possibility I would die of boredom if forced to sit through an entire game...)?

9 comments:

Sam_I_am said...

You should come to Pittsburgh and go to a game. We have pierogi races!

If the ice cream is only available in that city, I'd go for it. If you can get it at the supermarket, I'd pass.

LaForestGump said...

Ice cream DOES make everything better! Go for it! Everything in moderation... Thanks for the advice about the curtian rods...I tend to assume no one else has ever had my issues, so instead of looking for someone else's solution, I tend to fly by the seat of my pants! I'm def. going to go check them out though...just in case I'm really not THAT awesome! LOL

Tash said...

Get the ice cream, and skip the baseball game on account of you have to take to bed from the brain freeze. Win-win!

Anonymous said...

Scalp your ticket to pay for the ice cream - Melanie

Soda and Candy said...

Suck it up and go to the game. The only one I've ever been to no one watched anyway, we were all sitting in the stands chatting. Just make sure you get a hot dog & a big soda to sustain you through the game!

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

Your husband is peer pressuring you! Just say no, or suggest a healthier alternative. That's what all the afterschool specials say.

BeckEye said...

Sam_I_am, neither those pierogi races nor the beauty of PNC Park are worth sitting through a Pirates' game for. This is coming from a native Pittsburgher and former baseball fanatic. You learn to hate baseball when you live in a small market city with no money. It sucks losing every year with no hope for the future. And that is why we have football.

But, oh, I'm sorry...I didn't answer the question at hand. Ah, just suck it up. You can always get up for multiple trips around the park, or play a rousing game of "How many times will the batter touch his nuts?"

Gucci Mama said...

Go for the ice cream and bring a book to the game. Or, go for the ice cream and then fake a serious illness just before the game is to start. Then, stage a miraculous recovery so you can get ice cream again before setting out for home.presl

Gucci Mama said...

K, no Ideal what "presl" is or where it came from. No memory of typing it. Recent sleep deprivation must be the culprit. One day (hopefully) my brain function will return to it's abnormally high level. Sigh.