Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I don't talk about him all that much on this here blog - but I thought I'd use this opportunity to pledge my undying love and affection.
Or you know, list some qualities about my crazy beloved and what makes him that way (my beloved, not necessarily the crazy part).
1) He hates having his picture taken, but believes that by closing his eyes, he's somehow hiding from the camera.
2) He takes a nap every day when he gets home from work. Which really just kind of makes me jealous.
3) He can do multiplication with two and three digit numbers AND long division in his head. It fascinates me, since I'm a word person and not a numbers person.
4) He reads books about our founding fathers. They are interspersed with his growing collection of sport magazines that have something to do with fishing.
5) He makes me grilled cheese sandwiches when I am sick.
6) He is a vicious card player but does not ALWAYS beat me in poker.
7) He is very witty and sarcastic, and can hold his own amidst any crowd - even though he hates meeting new people.
8) He has interesting taste in music which includes a lot of rap and hip hop, Johnny Cash - and the Dropkick Murphy's.
9) He is the worst speller/former of sentences ever. He was put in charge of one thing when we were planning our wedding: call the reception hall. The conversation began with him saying: "I'm thinking about having a wedding...?"
10) He has big plans to learn to build things with wood. He watches an awful lot of This Old House and buys a lot of wood. But so far, these are just plans.
Things have been a bit crazy for us lately as we are selling our house, and buying a new one (a process which hopefully wraps up in 18 days or so). But I didn't want the month to go by without a little shout out to that lucky man who I duped into marrying me so many years ago.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
So, I'm a little swamped playing catch up with life since I've spent the past four weekends singing sea shanties while dressed in period appropriate clothing and working like a dog during the week.
As you would have guessed by KAT's post, it's been FREAKING COLD. So this past weekend, that meant wearing all three of my costumes at ONCE to keep warm in the 40 degree (and 38 degree) weather.
There's also the whole me moving into a new house in three and a half weeks thing that's probably causing my neck to crick. I should probably start packing in earnest. But frankly, I have not been motivated. I feel like to pack is to jinx my closing date.
But, in keeping with the pictures of me in costume, I'm including my absolute favorite picture taken of me and my very dear friend the Pope (Not really, guys. He only *plays* the Pope. I feel I had to qualify).
Huzzah! I'll be back to give you the trials of home buying/selling shortly. And by shortly I mean, you know. Within a week.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Two nights ago, the Pretend Husband and I went upstairs, took our clothes off, got into bed, gazed into one another's eyes, slowly reached toward each other... and checked for ticks. Sadly, that's not a euphemism. It seemed like the right thing to do after finding three ticks on the dogs.
Oh, and that fun came after Molly suffered what we think was a seizure, which had us scared to death and moments from running out the door to the emergency vet. (She has since had blood work done and it wasn't caused by toxins, but could be the onset of epilepsy. Fun times.)
Don't be jealous. Not everyone can have as fabulous a life as I have!