Way back when KAT and her beloved were checking themselves for ticks (October 8), I hit a little milestone I like to call my fifth wedding anniversary.
I don't talk about him all that much on this here blog - but I thought I'd use this opportunity to pledge my undying love and affection.
Or you know, list some qualities about my crazy beloved and what makes him that way (my beloved, not necessarily the crazy part).
1) He hates having his picture taken, but believes that by closing his eyes, he's somehow hiding from the camera.
2) He takes a nap every day when he gets home from work. Which really just kind of makes me jealous.
3) He can do multiplication with two and three digit numbers AND long division in his head. It fascinates me, since I'm a word person and not a numbers person.
4) He reads books about our founding fathers. They are interspersed with his growing collection of sport magazines that have something to do with fishing.
5) He makes me grilled cheese sandwiches when I am sick.
6) He is a vicious card player but does not ALWAYS beat me in poker.
7) He is very witty and sarcastic, and can hold his own amidst any crowd - even though he hates meeting new people.
8) He has interesting taste in music which includes a lot of rap and hip hop, Johnny Cash - and the Dropkick Murphy's.
9) He is the worst speller/former of sentences ever. He was put in charge of one thing when we were planning our wedding: call the reception hall. The conversation began with him saying: "I'm thinking about having a wedding...?"
10) He has big plans to learn to build things with wood. He watches an awful lot of This Old House and buys a lot of wood. But so far, these are just plans.
Things have been a bit crazy for us lately as we are selling our house, and buying a new one (a process which hopefully wraps up in 18 days or so). But I didn't want the month to go by without a little shout out to that lucky man who I duped into marrying me so many years ago.
So many books...
2 years ago