Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My blogging return: Letters for my best friend

Dear KAT,

Thank you for holding up the ol' blogfort for the past several...months... while I've been away. It's not that I don't love our bloggy world so immensely - because I totally do - but I am a lazy schmuck. 

But NOW things are different. NOW you're knocked up and I have to get off of my lazy non-blogging butt and make up for being so lazy while you can rest while you gestate.

Sure, I could be a jerky BFF and blog about the martini parties I went to, or the wine-tasting affairs I've been at -- but frankly, I'd be lying AND a jerk, so that's no good.

I could tell you things like: you're going to be an AMAZING mom, you look beautiful pregnant and I can't wait to see the large-headed little baby that pops out in a few months. Motherhood totally suits you.

In fact, I'll stick with those things, because they are all TRUE.

It's been an awesome experience being an aunt, as you know, so I can only imagine what it's going to be like to be a mom. I'm honestly a bit relieved you're going through this first. You can let me know how that works for you.

But really, don't you think you went a little overboard on ways to get new blog material?

With love, chocolate and kleenex,
SJ

3 comments:

FunnyGal KAT said...

Good ending, because I needed love, chocolate and Kleenex after reading that, SJ! And thank you.

And yes, it probably was a little extreme to go and get knocked up in order to have something to write about, but you know our motto: "anything for the blog."

Just think of the possibilities! Beginning with "that one special night that changed my life" and ending with "Oh God, what was I thinking marrying a guy with such a big head?!?" Oh wait, birthing this kid is probably only the beginning of the stories, isn't it?

Yes, I'd say I'm set with blog material for quite a long time.

Soda and Candy said...

Awwwwwww.

jal12771 said...

Who's SJ? She is a funnygal too?

Just kidding.. glad to see you post.. and such an AWESOME post too!

Your going to have to make up for some slack now.. want to babysit your nephew? That HAS to be good for at least 2 blog entries...
LOL