Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hmm, maybe I need to add a "large and lumpy" category...

It's easy to think that the categories get broken down into "pregnant" and "not pregnant." But my extensive research (i.e. getting knocked up) has shown otherwise. I now present to you "FunnyGal KAT's Pregnancy Phases" (by FunnyGal KAT) (also, copyright FunnyGal KAT 2010).

1. Oh my gosh, I'm pregnant! Yay! But I can't tell anyone! Boo! But still, I'm pregnant! Yay! (*please note that this phase may vary slightly for high school students who find themselves in the family way...)

2. Boy, she's packing on the pounds, huh? I don't want to say anything, but even her face looks like it's gained weight.

3. Could she be pregnant? It kind of looks like she's getting a belly. So, pregnant? Either that or it's been a long winter without a lot of exercise for her.

4. I really think she's pregnant. But there was that one time I asked someone when they were due and they looked ready to punch me, so I'm not going to ask.

5. You're pregnant? I thought so. (Ha! I totally guessed that one! So she's not "Fatty McGiantAss"-- she's just glowing from the pregnancy.)

6. Ooooh, yeah. She's pregnant. Like, really pregnant. I'd better get out of here before she asks me to catch the baby.

I'll let you decide where I fall on this spectrum...



6 comments:

sj said...

you do make a fine lookin' pregnant lady.

kk said...

Pregnant! And happy! :)

Kelli said...

When I started my job a few years ago, one of the girls was pregnant. But pregnant to the point that everyone knew, it was old news (as in, nobody told me), and she was a small girl so every day I kept thinking, 'Is this chick pregnant or does she have a serious beer gut?'
I think you all should be forced to wear signs.
:)

BeckEye said...

I like that you're wearing horizontal stripes to accentuate the baby bump. :)

And if you're looking for a baby name, my word ver is Cooftesa. Very exotic.

Sam_I_am said...

nope, looks like a baby bump, not a fat bump!

Sarah said...

I felt very self-conscious about my belly when I was at about 16 weeks (that was back around Thanksgiving), and it amazed me that people generally couldn't tell I was pregnant unless I was wearing just the right clothes. Now, at 37 weeks, I REALLY feel huge. :-)

It was great seeing you (both) at the consignment sale! SJ, Jim says hi. :-)