Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fun with Pictures: A conversation with Speckles

This is Speckles. Speckles is my surrogate rabbit that resulted from the famed SJ's experiment with animal husbandry.

Speckles may look a little on edge in this picture.

There's good reason for that. Meet "Good Reason."


We also like to call him E. He's the son of my oldest sister JAL who often likes to comment on our blog but should obviously have her own.

I was able to catch up with Speckles recently when we were all gathered at my parents' house celebrating my birthday this past week.

Me: Speckles, what's up? You look a little on edge.

Speckles: Where's the kid?

Me: What kid? Do you mean E?

Speckles: Don't toy with me. You know the one. I'm going to look for him under this rocking chair.

Me: Well, honestly, Speckles, I don't think that's your wisest choice.

Speckles: What do you me--.... AAAAAAAAH! DEAR GOD WHY IS THE CEILING FALLING?!

Me: That's not the ceiling. It's the chair. I told you that wasn't a smart choice.

E: Who you talking to, Auntie SJ?

Speckles (sotto voice): Do...Not...Tell...Him...I'm...Under...Here.

Me: I was just talking to... Uncle J.

Speckles: Thanks, lady. I owe you one. Now, can you excuse me? You're kind of in my bathroom.

5 comments:

Soda and Candy said...

Hahahahha, I love the screaming bunny.

Very good!

KatBouska said...

I just cringe watching my kids with animals...thoses poor creatures. Give poor Speckles a carrot from me...

Pollyanna said...

This is great. I can't tell you how many times I have to tell my three-year-old, "Don't pull on the doggy's tail." She's going to get it one of these days.

sj'smom said...

ok it was really hilarious to read of your talk with Speckles You did not tell everyone how he got loose on Sunday thru Friday hopping all around and driving Sierra nutty!Thanks for the great laughs today!!! We needed it

Anonymous said...

Holy crap is that a cute bunny. Oh right, and child.