Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Amish Friendship Struggles.

Note: We were super bloggers yesterday and posted not once, but TWICE. check it, dudes. So you know. In case you missed our discussion re: bad Christmas carols and changing sheets, scroll down, please, and let us know your thoughts.

i have one of those breads at home. you know the kind. the kind that lives in a plastic bag in dough form and smells like wine, but is, in fact, yeasty dough? it's like chain-pastry. you get one, you add stuff randomly over 10 days, and then you give it to four of your frenemies?

that one.

and technically i was supposed to bake it yesterday. but i didn't have the bags required to break it down. so i'm going to bake it on day 11. do you think that's okay?

i bet it is. and although i know how yummy this bread is, i'm not at all tempted to keep another starter for myself, because i know this means you get suckered into baking bread every 10 days.

damned tricky amish.

6 comments:

SouthernBelle said...

I've never heard of that bread! I'm sure it will be okay, that's what cooking is for, right?

Sam_I_am said...

if 10 days out of the refrigerator doesn't hurt it, another day shouldn't :-)

Dr Zibbs said...

Yeah. Those Amish. Watch em!

Geiger Girl said...

HAHAH! I am in the EXACT SAME PREDICAMENT. Damn Amish Friendship bead! I've mushed the bag like a good little amish girl (although do you really think they use ziplock baggies?)

Day 11 and I still haven't baked it. Or given away the 3 bags to "friends". Ack! I'm gonna send it to SB so she can feel our pain. *muhahah*

sj said...

GG -- I just baked it. And Amish my left foot. The recipe calls for INSTANT PUDDING MIX. tell me *that's* amish.

btw- totally bites. because i only have one loaf pan. and it bakes for an hour. so i had to bake one loaf, and wait for the next.

very tiring.

SouthernBelle said...

Did the Amish bread attain sentience and devour you both?

Where my Gals at?

Come and read my interview and then go to TishTash's blog for her word association game!

; )