Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It might be time to work on those priorities…

So there’s an ad running in the paper for my position. And a guy I work with (not by choice because he has always been a pain in my rear) spotted the ad and came running into my office this morning all upset. I don’t think it would be exaggerating to say he’s devastated that I’m leaving (ironic because he is the number one thing I won’t miss about my job).

Among the gems was “I found out this weekend that my father-in-law broke his hip and has to go in for surgery. And now this!” (Um, yeah, because those things are on the same level, aren’t they?)

And my favorite, “My guardian angel is leaving me.” (What?!? Isn’t that a little dramatic? I’ve never saved your life, dude, I’ve only toned your photographs. Guardian angel? As SJ would say, “Really?!?”)

And now I'm off to go polish my halo…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People only tell you that they will miss you because they think there is no chance of them ever seeing you again! Sorry, did I just burst your bubble?!