Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Let's see if I can stop laughing and rolling around in all this money long enough to type this...

You're probably aware by now that the Pretend Husband is an attorney. So we hear a lot of attorney jokes (some are even funny). And we get a lot of comments about what a great, big salary the PH is pulling down. Um, no. Not so much. He works in a field with a huge number of attorneys vying for the same business. So guys like him are pretty much a dime a dozen. But it doesn't stop people from assuming we're rolling in it (yeah, I'm driving an 8-year-old Accord because I have to, not because it's fashionable).

Anyway, the subject of the PH came up today at work and one of my coworkers said someone had asked him just last week, "Why does KAT even work here? She's marrying an attorney."

HA HA HA HA HA HA! So I told my coworker that person was right and I only work at the company because I enjoy interacting with the little people and because it's oh-so-boring to spend all day watching soap operas and managing the cabana boys. And now I'm off to do my own laundry because, um, the maid is on vacation and not because if I don't do it, it will never get done or anything.

No comments: