Monday, August 27, 2007

At least this time she didn't break anything!

The reason it is the middle of a Monday afternoon and I'm just now posting is NOT because nothing interesting has happened lately. On the contrary, I have plenty to share about this weekend. I held off because I was giving SJ the chance to recap our happy hour(s) on Friday because I figured she would do a much better job capturing how fun it was and how mobbed we were by people who read this blog and finally got to meet us in real life (Hi Anonymous' former co-workers! Yes, you all know how much I'm exaggerating. By mobbed, I meant, you waved politely from the corner and left us to our drinks. I think maybe you were a little intimidated is all.)

Anyway, this is the space where SJ would be writing about how much our wrists hurt from all the autograph signing (or perhaps it was the lifting of those heavy martini glasses) but it seems she has had the kind of mishap SJ has come to perfect. I haven't spoken with her, but the second-hand account said something about the combination of walking, carrying a plate and breathing being a little too much for her and she fell onto a coffee table and injured her side. Seriously. I don't think I'm exaggerating this time. I think she was walking and suddenly fell. There doesn't seem to be any cause for it, but I do think she should practice with, oh, walking and chewing gum before she goes for the complicated stuff like carrying a plate.

Oh SJ, this is why we'll be the best of friends for the rest of our lives, but you will never be the first person I call when I want to go whitewater rafting or skiing or running or even walking. At this point, I'm a little worried about you making down the aisle unscathed! Get well soon!

No comments: