Sunday, November 13, 2005

Taking stock…

With my 10-year high school reunion fast approaching, it’s inevitable that I’ve been taking stock of those 10 years to figure out just how I’ve spent them (and trying to figure out what I was doing as life whizzed by and I became OLD).
By my calculations, I’ve had eight jobs, moved 10 times and played more than 800 hours of soccer since I graduated from high school. I’ve gotten my passport and traveled out of the country, I’ve fallen in love twice and had my heart broken a few times, I’ve lost my mom and both my grandfathers, but gained tons of new friends. I’ve been published and I’ve been on the radio. I’ve run five miles (which is about three miles more than I thought I could run!) and I’ve gained more weight than I want to think about. I’ve probably eaten more than 200 half-gallons of ice cream (which explains the weight gain) and I’ve bought countless pairs of shoes.
I’ve been in hundreds of photographs and attended at least a dozen weddings. I’ve invested in two bridesmaid dresses and never caught the bouquet (hard to do when you’re running the other way!). I have watched way too much television. I’ve driven almost 200,000 miles and used almost as many cell phone minutes. I’ve seen the sunset and the sunrise without going to bed in between. I earned a college degree and pursued a lifelong dream. Fortunately, I can honestly say I haven’t let many opportunities to have fun pass me by.
I’d say it adds up to a life well-lived… I’m excited to see what the next 10 years have in store.

No comments: