Monday, October 24, 2005

Anyone remember how to fold those little football notes?

I have a crush. Not an Orange Crush and definitely not a Grape Crush (although that wouldn’t be so bad because that stuff is good!). Just an old fashioned, he makes my stomach flutter and I already have the names of our kids picked out kind of crush.
It feels kind of weird, if I’m honest about it. I should think that I’m getting a little old for this kind of thing. I mean, I’m almost 29 (not that you needed that update, but I feel like I need to practice saying it a bit so it’s not a complete shock when it happens a little over a month from now).
Anyway, crushes are for schoolgirls who have friends they can pass notes to that guess whether the boy even knows they’re alive. Then they can talk on the phone and analyze everything he’s ever said to them. And when they do get the chance to talk to him, they can bat their eyelashes and say silly things, maybe flirt a little to pique his interest.
Come to think of it, there’s little difference between a schoolgirl crush and one by a woman who should be old enough to know better! I haven’t passed a note to a friend yet, but I’m thinking the email I wrote about him is the same thing, just a lot more technologically advanced than when we were in middle school. I’ve spent time on the phone with SJ telling her about our last conversation and trying to figure out what it all meant. And I hate to admit it, but I was batting my eyelashes and saying silly things the last time I talked to him (the batting the eyelashes was on purpose, the silly things weren’t!) For the record, I did try to flirt, but I’m not sure whether he picked up on that (I’m a little out of practice).
So, that’s my crush.
If you kept reading with the intent of figuring out who it is I’m “crushing” on, you’re not going to find out just yet (or perhaps even ever, depending on how it goes). I’ve purposefully left out his name and all identifying details while I figure out if this is something that could go somewhere or just a passing thing. Admittedly, it’s been a long time since I last had a crush… I’m trying to remember how these things go. I will tell you this, though. If you’re reading this blog, it’s not you. He knows I’m alive, for sure, but I’m not ready for him to find out all the intimate details of my psyche (those are reserved for you lucky folks!) so he doesn’t know about this little forum… yet.
Stay tuned…

1 comment:

sj said...

i'm totally going to tell him in study hall.... busted!