Thursday, December 23, 2010

You know you're a mom when...

You instinctively use your hand to block your son's pee (and that's not even the grossest thing you touched that day!)

Lately, I have been putting FunnyKid's tub in front of the stove in the living room for his bath time (I tell him some people pay a lot of money for a spa experience like that). While I do put towels on the floor to protect the rug from the kiddo's splashing, they weren't going to be enough this morning. When the little geyser erupted (and started arcing over the towel toward the rug), I quickly jumped in and used my hand to send it splashing into the tub instead.

Of course, I'm all casual about this, but let's be honest, what's a little pee? Now, if it had been vomit or poop, I'm not sure I would have been so quick to jump in and start catching it in my hand. In that case, I may have just opted to buy a new rug.

No comments: