Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm a kept woman

Kat's lil sis yelled at me yesterday and told me I had better post something soon so no one thinks I had the baby and that's what's keeping me away from the blog. So, are you all on FunnyGals Baby Watch 1.0?

Unfortunately, the reason for my lack of posting is much less exciting that the arrival of FunnyKid. I was pulled out of work and put on bed rest so not only do I not have a computer, but being away from the office and not allowed to be out interacting with Wal-Mart cashiers has left me with a lack of funny material. That, and it's so hard to type out a post on an iPhone.

Fortunately-- but only in the sense that it gives me material-- I have been admitted to Labor & Delivery twice in the past week for monitoring. So there is at least the story about the nurse who came into the room to draw blood and, upon hearing how much I hate needles, said, "Oh, I do too! I cry when I see them."

Uh, OK. It turns out she is able to hold herself together when drawing other people's blood, but loses it when it's her own blood in question. Still, the experience didn't go well and ended with another nurse poking into my other hand to get the job done.

Speaking of which, I have become an expert at giving blood and urine samples since each is required of me every couple of days to check on the pregnancy-induced hypertension I am experiencing. I'm not yet sure how I'm going to make this translate into a party game, but there's got to be some potential to put these skills to use somewhere.

So, no baby. No great stories. Lots of laying around on the couch. Any ideas for boredom busters I can do while laying on my side are greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I love my readers, but if I were (God forbid) relegated to just my iPhone, you wouldn't hear from me either.
Glad you didn't pop the kid out and have him (her?) hiding somewhere.

Soda and Candy said...

Oh man I wish I got forced into bedrest. You could always check out stfuparents.tumblr.com for examples of how not to act!

I hope your hypertension gets better, that sucks!

Anonymous said...

Hii!! I jut found your blog while blog hopping. I think your site is very cute. So, I am going to follow. :)

Hope the PIH never comes. :)

Have a beautifully happy day!!!

Anonymous said...

just** :D :D

Sam_I_am said...

I actually checked SJ's twitter, bc I figured she'd tweet Baby 1's arrival. When r u due? Hopefully everything goes quickly and well and then we'll get a lot of 4am posts, while ur rocking a cranky baby. :D

Mom said...

Too bad you can't get paid for said blood and urine!

Life...EXAGGERATED is back