Friday, July 02, 2010

That eight minutes even included three questions asked and answered!

Dear Doctor,
I realize your time is valuable. Which is why I was not only on time for my appointment this morning, but I was even early. We have to see each other every two weeks now, so I figure it doesn't hurt to butter you up a bit.

But when I got to the window to sign in, the woman in front of me mentioned she was there to see you, too, leading me to believe your office double-books you. Which is fine with me, especially because my appointments these days never last more than 10 minutes.

But the question remains, why did they have you take the woman with the 45-minute appointment before the preggo with the 10-minute one? If you're going to leave a patient waiting, isn't it better to have her sitting there for 10 minutes rather than 45? And, by the way, you saw me for all of eight minutes, which would have meant even less time for Miss Full Examination And Then Some to wait.

Yes, you have a very important job that sometimes takes longer than the time allotted. But I consider my job to be pretty important too (especially because I'd like to keep it and not get fired for being gone half the morning). I hope you will take this into consideration for future appointments.

Regards,
Your Patient (although probably not your favorite)

4 comments:

Soda and Candy said...

Ugh, I haaaaaaaaaaate waiting for doctors! Booooo!

Farnnay said...

same here! i hateeee waiting for doctors. How long does it take to see a patient..gosh.

Sam_I_am said...

my ENT doc is like that. It drives me nuts!

Srg said...

The worst is when the med assistant takes you into the room and asks you to undress and put on that stupid paper gown followed by "The doctor will be right in." Yeah right - I've waited over 30 minutes for the doctor to "be right in" before and I was none too pleased!!