Tuesday, March 23, 2010

He tried to make it sound like I'm the crazy one...

I called the Pretend Husband after he left for work this morning and had this conversation:

Me: Did you take your lunch to work with you today?

Him: Yes.

Me: Did you notice anything strange about the fridge?

Him: No. What was strange?

Me: Oh, the half-gallon of ice cream sitting in the refrigerator, for example.

Him: I thought I put it back in the freezer.

Me: Were you drunk last night?

Him: No. And I don't know why I'm expected to notice that. It's not like I did a "Where's Waldo?" search of the fridge where I looked through to see what didn't belong. I grabbed my lunch and left.

Me: I didn't do a search. I opened the fridge and a big container of ice cream was sitting right in front of me. Are you sure you weren't drunk?

4 comments:

Audreya said...

My friend and I have dubbed this condition "man-itis". It's the same condition that causes my husband to look for an object for 2.3 seconds (in the least likely place possible) and then loudly ask where I have moved HIS stuff. You know... standing at the utensil drawer angry he can't find his new can of shaving cream. "Did you look in the bathroom?" "No. It was on the island the last time I saw it." "You mean when I was unloading Walmart bags? Did it occur to you that maybe I put it in the bathroom after that?" Man-itis.

KAT's little sis said...

Uh oh, PH got busted...and to think he wasted a half gallon of perfectly good ice cream when there is a preggo in the house probably craving it. How insensitive!

Miss B said...

Haha! This reminds me of the time your little brother left a bag of Fritos in the fridge and didn't think anything of it. Men....

sj said...

Fritos in the fridge doesn't make ANY SENSE AT ALL. Unless, you know. They go on top of your tuna sandwich.