Tuesday, February 09, 2010

My lady parts ache just thinking about it!

My nephew, Wyatt, is five weeks old and he's-- well, he's a hefty eater. To the point where I don't know how kat's lil sis gets anything done other than breastfeeding him. And that hefty eating has led to Wyatt becoming a hefty kiddo.

It started with his one-week check-up when the doctor told lil sis he wanted the baby to have gained seven ounces since birth. Our little overachiever weighed in with an additional 23 ounces! And that was just the beginning.

For his five-week check-up, lil sis was guessing he was up to 10 pounds (he weighed just over eight at birth). Well, that little chunky monkey tipped the scales at 12 pounds! A 50 percent weight gain in five weeks!

He now weighs almost half of what his big brother does (and Peyton is 17 months old). We're going to visit them all soon and all I can say is, there's a reason I've been lifting weights while watching television all week. I'd like to be able to hold my younger nephew without my arms giving out. Oh, and it makes me very scared for the delivery of my future children. I'm hoping giving birth to little linebackers doesn't run in the family.

7 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

Holy cow! Ella is almost ONE and she weighs 13 pounds. She's small, obviously, but still.

I love those little chunky babies though; they're so cute!

Kelli said...

My sister birthed not one, but two that were just under 10 pounds!
NO THANK YOU!
That just doesn't sound fun on any front. And can I just say, The thought of a 12 pound nipple ring doesn't sound appealing either!

Margaret said...

Ya having kids that are that big are no fun at all.

Dr Zibbs said...

teee hee. Lady parts.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

As the auntie for several "hefty" children, I applaud your weight lifting! It definitely comes in handy!

I'm your newest follower! I think your blog is awesome! Thanks for the post!

Andy - Instafather said...

Do they do Biggest Loser for babies?

Maybe her lil sis needs to switch her breast milk to skim.

Sam_I_am said...

my former roommate's baby is 2 1/2 and she only weights 25lbs lol