Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Does "flying by the seat of my pants" count as a plan?

Ok, now that I feel like a complete pervert after my last post (although I'm willing to bet some of you would have made the same mistake!)

Anyway, I was just heating up my lunch (leftover homemade macaroni and cheese) and I mentioned to my co-worker that I had accidentally made it, but it had turned out pretty well.

"What did you mean to make?" she asked.

"Chicken," I replied.

See, this is how it is when you live 4.2 miles from your best friends. You get home from work with no plans for the evening and begin staring at the contents of the refrigerator and pantry to try and figure out what to make for dinner. Your husband (or, in this case, Pretend Husband) calls and asks you to start thawing chicken and he'll make something out of it when he gets home (sometimes you go ahead and make it so you don't starve and sometimes you let him come home and cook for you like the queen that you are).

Then you get an email from your BFF describing how she made the best chocolate cake ever and it's at her house right now and seriously, best.chocolate.cake.ever. Oh, want to come over and try it? And we can give you dinner too. We'll have, uh, boxed macaroni and cheese and leftover meatloaf.

Which is how I came to not make the chicken the PH was planning on, but instead made homemade macaroni and cheese to contribute to the neighborhood revitalization dinner at SJ's. But let's be real, the mac and cheese was just a warm-up for the best chocolate cake ever (which I can totally vouch for-- it was delicious!)

I highly recommend convincing your best friends to move as close to you as you can stand it because sometimes the best times together are the accidental ones.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I have to agree with you!

Nanc Twop said...

Yeah, yeah.

Nice, nice.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Where's the important part !

THE RECIPE!...

(or the address...)

for the

.best.chocolate.cake.ever. !?


Priorities, ladies.

;-)

JennyMac said...

Where is that recipe? You know I am quite down with baking...share? Pretty please? LOL.

And will you link your email to your blogger profile? I cant respond to your comments in email bc I got 'no reply at blogger' as your email. Boo! lol.

sj said...

oh it was a wonderful evening. we now owe you one at your place (or two or three).

and, at the request of our blogger public, I will post the recipe.

hugs and kisses, neighborino...

Andy - Instafather said...

What did the PH think about this scenario?

I know if I tell Capricorn I'm in the mood to make something and ask if she can thaw it out, I expect to be able to eat it! I hope he got some of that cake, at least.

Word verification: Womoni- When a woman decides to make macaroni for dinner by accident.
"KAT is such a womoni. Her husband wanted chicken."