Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You'll kick your computer in frustration... then you'll thank me for helping make you smarter

Can you name all the countries in the world? Do you even know how many there are? There are 195 and I can name 150 of them in 15 minutes.

You have to go to Sporcle.com and get addicted to the quizzes, like I did (work has been a bit slow lately). There's a ton of different ones you can take (naming the U.S. presidents, naming the U.S. states in alphabetical order, naming four-letter movies, etc.) but I challenge you on the countries of the world one.

The first time I took the quiz, I think I named about 60 countries. Then I decided that was shameful and have been working at it ever since, taking the quiz every few days and then studying the ones I missed. Now I can even spell "Djibouti" (a country in Africa), "Uzbekistan" and "Bosnia and Herzegovina" (that's a tricky one because it won't accept just "Bosnia")

Here's your challenge: go take the quiz, report your score in the comments and then assure me I'm now not the only one totally addicted to that site.

1 comment:

jal12771 said...

7/10 for the Pixar films.. I challange SJ to that one too!!!

Fun site.. VERY ADDITIVE!