Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Did Uncle J come from your tummy?"

There have been some fantastic quotes this vacation, and that blog title? Yeah, that was just one of the gems that my four year old nephew E came up with this week.

e: Did Uncle J come from your tummy?
Me: No, he married me. He came from his mommy's tummy.

(that was the extent of my explanation. JAL was on her own after that.)

He had a few doozies over the course of the week. I can't capture them all here, because you're missing the gestures, looks and hilarious tone of voice he'd use.

e: "Mom, I wanna go fishing. Can we go... can we go... can Auntie Sara go? That's hot" (non sequitor brought to you by the piece of hot dog -- not a Paris Hilton influence, thank goodness)

Another thing about my nephew: He pronounces Lake Champlain as Sam Lake Sam Plane, marshmellows as smarshmallows - but he correctly knows that the evil witch in Sleeping Beauty is called "Maleficent."

I know that I've spent a good deal of this week laughing, a good deal of time fishing and a good deal of time relaxing. But somehow? It still feels like I'm going to need a vacation after this vacation.

4 comments:

Sam_I_am said...

Sam Lake! I love this kid. ;-)

Soda and Candy said...

adorable. my nephew used to call penguins penglins and elephants aflins - me and my mum still do occasionally.

; )

zelzee said...

Family vacations with children always seem to require a vacation afterwards!

kk said...

overall, sounds like a great vacation.

nevertheless, might be fun to follow it up with an "adult" vacation!