Friday, September 19, 2008

This being laid off thing could really work out for the Pretend Husband...

So, today is officially my last day of work. But unofficially? I stopped working yesterday and took today to get a bunch of stuff done. And if today is any indication, I'm going to be one productice mo-fo in my laid off-hood (what? that's not a word?)

I'm a domestic goddess today... for example, all the laundry is folded and put away, I've done three or four sinkfuls of dishes, I made dinner, I premixed the waffles for tomorrow's breakfast, I went grocery shopping and to the bank and now I'm packing me, the PH and the dogs up to head to the new house and stay over. I started the day with a pretty long to-do list, thinking I might get half of it done... and then finished it and kept going. What is wrong with me?!?

So, this may turn into a plan to be such an awesome homemaker that the PH will come to rely on me and want me never to return to work full-time (although I definitely need part-time and freelance work for fear I'd go crazy without doing some type of work). What do you think-- can I keep up this crazy pace or is this the just-got-laid-off adrenaline rush?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cut out to be a stay at home cleaner upper and freelancer! Just think, you could even drink at work, because you would be working from home!

KatBouska said...

I'm with you. I would LOVE to be a SHAM without having to run this business!! Oh the domesticated fun I would have!!

Gucci Mama said...

So, I stay at home with Josh and I'm a freelance writer. The problem I run into is this: whenever I need to write I think of six thousand things I could clean. Whenever I should clean, I think of six thousand things I should write. I am essentially a professional procrastinator. Still, nothing beats staying home and "working" in my PJs if I want to. So I say, give it a go!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the cause is, but I do know that I want you to send it my way.

sj said...

i was thinking of you today... and thinking when my boss was running around in a tirade how convenient it would have been if i got fired. because i'd have so much time to help you with the house.

but alas. i have to be at work on monday.

the offer for late night blizzards still stands, however.

Srg said...

Can you come and clean my house next?? I'll pay you! Oh and you could pick up B from school when you're done. Since we're living in the same town now, that should be no problem, right? And maybe get dinner started before I get home... Can you tell I need a nanny?!

Bryan said...

just an adreneline rush, sorry.

PH might enjoy it if you had weekly pillow fights in lingerie with the milf next door and put it on you tube .... just a thought