Friday, September 26, 2008

Hey, I believe too!

I'm going to follow SJ's lead and list the 10 things I believe in (soooo not stealing her idea, that's why they call it a writing "prompt" because it "prompted" me to think about it too...) Oh, and she took a couple of the things I truly believe (like living with no regrets), but I'm challenging myself to come up with all original beliefs for this one.

Ok, so I believe...

1. I believe that life isn't always fair and sometimes bad things do happen to good people. And I believe in saying "That sucks" instead of some sugary "Into every life a little rain must fall" or "What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger."

2. I believe in the power of a few kind words or some random compliments (cashiers everywhere have been recipients of this...)

3. I believe I'm turning into my mother and I also believe that it's an awesome thing.

4. I believe I married the nicest guy I ever dated (and I believe that trumps being taller than him!)

5. I believe in laughter, that it is a greater unifier and healer. And I believe no one should pass on the chance to make someone laugh.

6. I believe I will never feel the age on my birthday cake, but will always feel like a teenager in an adult's body.

7. I believe in cranking up the radio and singing at the top of your lungs, regardless of who stares from the next car over.

8. I believe in the beauty of nature, in a star-filled night sky, the sun scattered arounded a wooded area and the view from the top of a mountain.

9. I believe in the kind of friends who will share the same amount of tears as laughter with you, and still send you home feeling like you still had the best time ever.

10. I believe a bowl of ice cream can cure just about anything.

8 comments:

sj said...

i love how alike we are.

i believe in just about all of those things. particularly the singing along in the car. in fact, i sang from orange to southington yesterday at the top of my lungs, trying to remember the pirate songs i will have to sing this weekend. that may not count.

and i love that every time we get together, it usually runs the spectrum of emotions from laughter to tears -- and laughing so hard we cry.

SouthernBelle said...

awww, you guys are so cute!

I'm with you on most of your list too! esp. 1, 2 & 6. I'm wishing 10 was true for what my ovaries are doing to me right now (horrendo cramps that apparently nothing can cure). Effing ovaries. Maybe I should have them whipped out & just go the Brangelina adoption route.

sj said...

sb. this is getting creepy.

i have the *worst* cramps this week. seriously! creepy!

and i think number 10 is right on the mark.

Srg said...

I love #7 - I'm guilty of doing it everyday on my way to pick up B! Actually I believe in most of those things too.

Ok - what is up with you guys and cramps? Mine aren't that bad this week but it makes me wonder if we're all synched up or something?!

Mrs. S. said...

I believe y'all are just the coolest! :)

KatBouska said...

Wow. I read Sj's first because I'm orderly like that and I was all "oh man that's gonna be a hard one to follow up on" and I was prepared to give you the old "hey that was a good list too" speech...but it really WAS a good list. I love that you thought of new things to add and yet the two lists seem like they come from the same belief system. Good stuff girls!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I would have to swap the ice cream for a chocolate martini, but apart from that, the list was pretty spot on!

SouthernBelle said...

SJ - I think I may have found a cure for cramps. Beloved Husband purchased 4 big glossy fashion magazines (Allure, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar & InStyle) for me on Friday night so I could spend Saturday on the couch in a Pamprin-induced stupor. The mags plus 3 hours of Tabatha's Salon Takeover on Bravo worked quite nicely!
; )