Monday, September 29, 2008

all about the boy i married...

stephanie is fantastic and we all just love her over here. so please, if you've never visited her, go give the Gucci Mama some love.

so i rarely blog about him, but i thought this would be a good opportunity to share some things about the man that convinced me to get married. i say that half-kiddingly. for a long time, i was convinced that i wouldn't marry. i wasn't sure it was the thing i wanted to to. but i love my husband, and would do anything he asked me to do. like, get married. which i did. four years ago (on october 8).

it's not perfect, of course, but what is, these days? he's still the only man i have ever met that i would ever choose to spend the rest of my days with.

1. He's sitting in front of the tv, what is on the screen?

1,152 things at once.

and yes, the constant flipping annoys me to NO END. last night, we were watching monsterquest, a special on comedy central, the football game and iron chef america. my dreams were so messed up, and i'm pretty sure i dreamt of being abducted by big foot and alton brown was cooking by the campfire.

2. You're out to eat what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?

parmesan peppercorn, else something else creamy, unless we're at marlborough tavern, in which case, it's the strawberry vinaigrette. and by "salad" i assume you mean lettuce and cucumbers. everything else is picked out and put on my plate.

3. What's one food he doesn't like?

one? but there's so much i could choose from. i'll go with chicken on the bone. he doesn't like to know exactly which anatomical part of the chicken he's eating.

4. You go out to the bar, what does he order?
a root beer, usually. he rarely drinks. but when he does? gin and tonic. in bulk. just ask SRG about our high school reunion and about what a "cool cat" her hubby is.

5. Where did he go to high school?
southington high school.

6. What size shoe does he wear?

10.

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?

he generally hates for stuff to accumulate (i can't tell you why he married me. really), but he does manage to collect two things: new balance sneakers and fishing lures.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
turkey and muenster on a wrap with honeycutt spicy mustard, mayo, shredded lettuce and sometimes, cherry peppers. with honey dijon chips on the side.

9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
hamburgers from Five Guys Burgers and Fries. with pickles, ketchup, mustard and lettuce.

10. What is his favorite cereal?

he doesn't eat cereal, but on the rare occassion that he does eat it -- it's whatever i have. so, special K cinnamon pecan or lucky charms. i think it vaguely occurs to me that he may like frosted flakes, but i think they're disgusting. so if he did, thankfully he's gotten over that.

11. What would he never wear?
a bunny suit. i've asked.

12. What is his favorite sports team?
he likes to watch basketball and football the most, but he likes the red sox (i may be a bigger fan, oddly, since i did stay up on our honeymoon to watch Big Papi hit the grandslam homerun to keep the series alive at around 1:20 a.m.), and he loves his fantasy football team.

13. Who will he vote for?
mccain, he says. ergo, i shall vote for obama to cancel him out. he did recently announce that "we should become republicans." he likely won't repeat that anytime soon.

14. Who is his best friend?

KAT's husband the PH. not even kidding. that works out well, no?

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
where do i begin? let's go with the one he repeats most often (read: every single day to whomever will listen): leave the ice cream scoop on the counter after i dish out a scoop of ice cream.

16. How many states has he lived in?
he's a nutmegger through and through.

17. What is his heritage?

polish and ukrainian.

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?

i don't, which is probably another one for #15. (although i always offer). i'll make him cupcakes - yellow with chocolate frosting.

19. Did he play sports in high school?

he played soccer, and wanted to play football but his mom wouldn't let him. however, he would play every sunday morning with a bunch of friends in college and we throw the pigskin around every fall in our backyard. last year he taught me how to run plays. i'm the quarterback to his wide receiver.

20. What could he spend hours doing?

i'd love to go with stephanie and say "spend hours looking at my pretty face" but that's likely not the case. he could, however, spend countless hours with my dad.

9 comments:

SouthernBelle said...

Umm, okay what is a nutmegger? Please translate for the foreigner!

I'm a channel-flipper too, it drives Husband nuts as he likes to watch one show at a time, but I keep it to 2-3 shows at a time max.

P.S. You two are so cute!

Gucci Mama said...

I hate the channel flipping thing. It drives me insane. He usually does it when I'm watching something really important. Take last night for example. New Kids on the Block were featured on Behind the Music, and he wanted to watch the "news". So I missed interviews with Donny Walberg and Jordan Knight.

Srg said...

Awww!!! I love that photo of you two! Very sweet!

And yes, I do fondly remember that reunion and how much fun your J had with my J!

sj said...

sb: nutmegger= someone from connecticut :)

it occurred to me that while i posted about how great stephanie is, i neglected to say why- and that is, of course, because i stole this idea from her.

(and seriously -- if he tries to flip while i'm watching grey's anatomy, i would divorce him. that's why we have two TVs.)

KatBouska said...

I love this! And I'm totally stealing it for an emergency post in the future.

Don't worry. I'll site my source. :)

But I think that getting to know your husband says a lot about you too. I like you both. :)

Andy - Instafather said...

Ah, the Nutmeg State. Now that I'm back in the Keystone State, I wonder if I'm a Keystoner. Or maybe just a 'Stoner.
Nice, sweet post. Go kiss him or something.

Anonymous said...

The cuteness in that photo hurts. OW, so cute, OW!

P.S. I'm totally stealing this idea for a future blog. ;)

Anonymous said...

aawww..that was so nice! I just learned a ton more about my bro-in-law.. or "Auntie J" as little E likes to call him!!
I hate channel flipping.. hate it.. and F does it ALL the time.. I cant stand that!! Thank god we dont have picture in picture... that would drive me nuts!!

nice post

Bryan said...

root beer? root beer? is he 7 years old?