Monday, May 26, 2008

It's about time that lazy KAT posted!

Hoo boy, has life been busy kicking my butt lately. I have checked in on the blog every once in awhile to make sure SJ has been picking up the slack, but that's about it for my non-work related computer activities. I know! I've been too busy for blogging (and, looking back through the archives, I think we can all agree that's never happened before).

Anyway, life has been day after day of getting the house ready to show, hustling the dogs and anything that would hint that they exist out the door, dropping the dogs at the grandparents, hustling to work where I remember about 60 percent of what I learned the day before, muddling through work and then coming home to be exhausted and try to get the house ready to show the next day (it's amazing how disorganized a house can get in the four hours you use it between getting home from work and going to bed) But, oh! The new job is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have covered the state's attorney general, the secretary of state, the governor and- oh yeah- the vice president of the good ol' US-of-A. Not that those people make it so amazing, but it's kind of cool, no?

Anyway, this weekend was a blur of doing... exactly nothing. I worked on Saturday and we threw some yard work into the mix along the way, but it was mostly a few days of eating, sitting in the sun, eating, waaaay too much drinking for 2 p.m. on a Sunday, eating and S'mores (you have to try substituting Mounds or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for the plain chocolate- awesome!) At one point, I thought, "if I were still at my old job, I would have spent this weekend working to get the papers laid out and stressing about getting it all done." Then I toasted my new job and asked for another Mai Tai.

No comments: