Monday, April 07, 2008

not so much notes as ways to remember when you've had too many martinis...

we celebrated this weekend. we celebrated molly, we celebrated KAT's new job and we celebrated because that's what we do and who we are.

we are silly tipsy women who wear similar trench coats and rock star shades and drink chocolate martinis wee into the hours of 10 p.m. on a Saturday night. and make our husbands take 5 pictures of us until we have one we approve of.



and it's true. i took notes. more like -- quotes. but mostly because i was too tipsy to remember them if i didn't write them down. and rather than give you the details of the conversations, i've decided instead to give you just the quotes themselves:

KAT to j: "Go ahead. Make me cry."

the PH to j after j asking an inappropriate question: "We tried it once. Never again."

PH: "She grabbed my penis at the Easter table!"
KAT: "I didn't know it was his..."

SJ: "Are you going to outbid me, chaimp?
KAT: "What? Did you just call him a champ or a chimp?"
SJ: "It was a cross between champ and sailor."

the best story of the night, however, involved the PH's revelation that in his quest for condoms on the first night that he and KAT were spending together, he stopped by McDonald's to grab something to eat. Which he stopped to eat there.

PH: "I gave her up for a cheeseburger."

7 comments:

FunnyGal KAT said...

So, uh, I got a new job (I don't think SJ realized I haven't formally announced it on the blog, but there you go).

And I wish I remember what J's inappropriate comment was that led to the "We tried it once. Never again." quote. Which is obviously why SJ was in charge of the recap. There's a couple things I don't remember from that night (which means it was that good).

And I feel I should jump in and clarify that the condoms weren't needed for the first night the PH stayed over... that makes me sound like a whore. The PH had stayed over many, many times (like 456, if my dad is reading this) before the condoms were needed. But still a funny story...

Anonymous said...

I could have done without hearing all about my big sis' sex life, but I do have to say I'm glad the cheeseburger wasn't so good that he decided to go back for fries. You two may never have gotten and stayed together then!

Just wondering....was the whole "dress up like twins" thing planned or did it just happen? Looks like it was fun and when I can drink again, I look forward to you making me a chocolate martini!

Anonymous said...

Oh and congratulations on your new job - I want to hear all about it!

KatBouska said...

Ooh Ooh...I'm funny too, I'm funny too!!! It's kind of my "forte"...you see, everyone in the fam has their label. Tracy is the pretty one. Amy is the athletic one. Jennie is stuck-up but no one says that to her face. And I'm the funny one. Can we be friends??

sj said...

kathy - we always welcome new friends!

lil sis - we didn't plan the twin thing, but when i showed up at j tim's to meet them, she said "i have that coat!" so when it was time to take the photographic toast for the blog, she got her matching jacket out for the occasion. and don't worry - we'll both drink plenty for you while you have a bun in the oven ;)

and molly- my dear, you know us too well....

Srg said...

Mucho congrats on the new job! I want to hear all about it too!

Desiree said...

Sounds like a fun night! Smart thinking to write down the funny quotes as they happen. In the moment I always say, "That's a MySpace quote", but then the next day (or next hour) I can only remember that there was something funny I was supposed to remember...

Also, congrats on the new job! Can't wait to hear about it!