Monday, February 11, 2008

The Truth About KAT

Thanks for playing “Six Lies and True Truths About KAT” (coming soon to a store near you!) And now for the results…

I have never wanted to be a doctor. Ever. Blood grosses me out and I don’t have the brain to learn all that medical jargon. When I was little, I wanted to be on the radio (hey, look at that!) and as I got older, I wanted to be a newspaper reporter. I’m living the dream, kids, living the dream.

The Pretend Husband is my first and only engagement (at least as far as he knows). No, I kid. First AND LAST engagement, I should add.

While I probably did have a bit of a sheltered childhood (the town got its first stoplight when I was in high school), I did have the opportunity to travel in one of those newfangled aero-planes before I was 19. Well before I was 19, in fact. My parents took us to Disney World when I was 12 and a friend and I traveled to California by ourselves when we were 14 or 15. World travelers, I tell ya.

And, as SJ pointed out, my middle name isn’t Agatha. It’s Anna, as in Anna-Banana. And actually, legally speaking, that’s no longer my middle name. I dropped it when I took the PH’s name. That’s kind of sad. And now I’m kind of depressed. Moving on…

It’s true that I no longer eat red meat and while I’ve tried some unusual things in my time, nothing quite as adventurous as what I listed. I’d say the craziest things I’ve tried are escargot and alligator, which, though it sounds like a cliché, tastes like salty chicken.

And we had dogs growing up, although a pet frog would have been kind of cool.

So, the truths are the fact that I only applied to one college and, lucky for me, got in. It was the school both my parents attended and I told my second grade teacher that’s where I was going to go to school. So it would have been a little depressing if I had been rejected. And I really didn’t have a back-up plan. I had grabbed applications from a couple of other schools, but never had to fill them out.

And I had braces for six years. Six.long.years. It stunk, especially because they were put on and nothing much happened to them (other than some very uncomfortable tightening) for about four years. I was one of the last among my classmates to begin losing my teeth and I’d venture to guess that I was among the last to lose my last baby tooth. The plus side was, the tooth fairy take was up to like, five bucks, by then.

And if that isn’t more than you’ve ever wanted to know about me, I don’t know what is.

4 comments:

FunnyGal KAT said...

Congrats, srg! Our big winner, despite having met me about four times. How about a dinner out with SJ and I sometime soon? (I would understand if you'd rather take the box of chocolate, but SJ might be a little offended)

sj said...

i'm sorry for misunderstanding you, molly...

although i think it's payback for that time you thought i was attempting an over the counter drug overdose... :)

i'm proud to say that while this was *Hard* i did nearly get this wrong. i was on the fence about the braces, but i recalled some high school pictures.

i think between anonymous, who's known me all of my life, and srg, who's known me for 25+ years now, it'd be too hard for me to come up with such randomly obscure facts.

Molly said...

Pooey! I almost said the college thingy but opted for the engagement instead! Not bad though considering I have never met you. Damn, and I so wanted that all expenses paid trip to Boston!!

And SJ, I am not convinced that you were not attempting an overdose.....or starting your own black market pharmacy!

Srg said...

OMG! I am totally shocked that I won! Especially since my answers were complete guesses! But for some reason the whole "braces for years" thing rings a bell with me...did you mention it at that girl's night sj hosted a while back? Anyway - I would love to go out to dinner with you guys!