Monday, January 07, 2008

And the big news is....

... the Pretend Husband was hungry!

And he says he's never going to do anything nice for me again because I blow it out of proportion. And more people read the blog than comment (you know who you are!) because we had a couple of phone calls and comments this weekend wondering why the fancy dinner out and the PH's response was, "Why is it such a big deal that I wanted to spend some time with my wife?"

I do think it was nice of him to make a reservation and take me out to dinner, but I always want to point out that it's a place the PH is always asking to go and I always say no because we're trying to be frugal. While I probably would have said no to a request to go out to dinner, it was impossible to turn down an invitation that had a reservation and everything.

So yeah, dinner with my husband. No big announcements. We save those for Taco Bell.

5 comments:

Srg said...

I would have reacted the same way you did, but at least for us, going out to a fancy meal (especially a spontaneous one like that) has become such a rarity these days (need to schedule babysitter...), that I really would have questioned what we were celebrating!

Molly said...

At least he didn't ask for a divorce already! He could have been taking you to a fancy restaurant so you didn't make a scene!!!

FunnyGal KAT said...

Oooh, Molly, I didn't even think of that! But I would have made a scene, fancy restaurant or not!

Anonymous said...

sorry KAT.. I know I was one of 'THOSE' who you referred to and asked SJ the VERY NEXT morning "SOO WHAT WAS THE NEWS??""
:-(

sj said...

.... so you can imagine how confused i was...

"she has news?" j called chris about two minutes later.

although, i'm with little sis. we both thought he quit. or got a gargantuan raise.