Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stuffed to the gills and my burps taste like bacon

Having flexible schedules (and in his case, no boss) means my friend BAC and I can meet up for breakfast long after our spouses have trudged off to work. We did that this morning, but unfortunately, I think it might be the last time that happens… not because I don’t enjoy BAC’s company or because it wasn’t fun, but because I’m so stuffed I may never eat again.

My usual breakfast is a cup of coffee and a granola bar. I’m not a breakfast person and have trouble downing large amounts of food shortly after waking up. But I broke all the rules today… and I’m paying for it.

I met BAC at a chain restaurant because he had a buy one-get one free coupon. Little did I know, it was for the biggest breakfast they offer. We each had four eggs, four pieces of toast, home fries, four slices of bacon and coffee. I didn’t finish it, but I gave it my best shot.

And now, six hours later, I can’t even think about eating lunch. I just sent BAC this email: "I AM SO FULL! It's lunchtime and I have a sandwich sitting in the fridge and the thought of eating it makes me gag. I can't believe how much we ate for breakfast! I usually have a granola bar but today I had to try to keep up with you so I ate the spawn of six chickens, a field of potatoes, a loaf of bread and three pigs. Or at least it felt that way. Thanks again for breakfast (which may actually be my lunch and dinner too, if I don't hurry up and digest!)"

But I’ve learned something today. Despite being more full than I thought possible and practically busting out of my jeans, I accepted a piece of chocolate from a co-worker. I think that theory about having a separate “dessert stomach” may just be true after all. Burp!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I am discouraged from eating my dinner after reading your post! You should fast for three days now!