Monday, October 01, 2007

It's my wedding and I'll do what I want to...

I've been a bad, bad blogger. But wait, I've got excuses! I was deep in the pits of work hell last week and then I spent the weekend plotting my escape from work hell and doing wedding stuff (a hell of its own, I might add, and I have the scratches on my hands to prove it!)

But now I'm back. And that's got to count for something. We went to one of the weddings SJ mentioned in her weekend of two weddings and a kids birthday party. We're next to get married in that group of friends and I was asked no less than three times that weekend how many days left until our wedding.

Apparently, it's something brides pay attention to. Well, brides who aren't me.

"Ummm, less than two months, but more than one?" (We've been sort of counting the months if we think of it on the day...) Is this something I'm supposed to know?

I feel like sort of a bridal failure. But then again, we're headed toward the type of wedding the Pretend Husband and I really want and not what others think we "should" have.

For example, I'm not wearing a veil. People have tried to convince me that I should wear one so I look like a bride. But, well, I'm going to be the one at the front of the church exchanging vows with the guy in the tux so I think it's going to be pretty obvious who the bride is.

And I'm not having a shower (despite the PH's best efforts...) We're having a kick-ass Jack and Jill party instead (I know it's going to be kick ass because SJ and my other kick ass wedding partiers are planning it).

Oh, and no wedding cake. No bouquet toss. No garter. Instead, we're going for single roses with a little ceremony to explain their meaning. And great music at the reception. Oh, and an ice cream sundae bar. With nine additional desserts.

Somehow, I don't think anyone is going to miss having cake.

1 comment:

sj said...

i think your wedding will be loads of fun and very unique - a perfect tribute to you.

as to the jack and jill - we've had a lot of people express interest, so i'm really hoping that we'll get a good turnout, but i can tell you that the people that are going so far all kick ass. um. except j's mom. she's not really an ass-kicker. she's a little too um...ladylike and old school - but she metaphorically kicks ass with her culinary skills.