Friday, September 07, 2007

I'll be walking with a cane by 33!

I’ve been friends with the awesome photog BAC even longer than I’ve been friends with SJ (probably because HE didn’t wear some funky, hippy-print shirt to HIS job interview!) In the years we’ve been friends, BAC and I have gotten into a considerable amount of trouble together. It got to the point where every time he got yelled at by his girlfriend, I had been somehow involved. (But she married him, so it couldn’t have been that bad, right?)

That time we had a little too much to drink and went to my apartment to sober up and he didn’t get home until 3 a.m. and his girlfriend drove around town to make sure he was OK? Yeah, I had something to do with that. That time he said he was going out for one drink and was out for four hours? Yes, that was with me. Like I said, plenty of trouble.

Which is why last night was so ironic. I helped BAC with a big project for work this week… even staying in his office until midnight (on a school night!) to work on it. So he promised me a drink or two in thanks (he’s also paying me, like, $5,000 for my help… or maybe he said $5). Last night, the PH and I met BAC at the sports bar we used to frequent all the time, had some drinks, ordered up some great buffalo wings and kicked back… for a whole two hours.

Three years ago, we would have closed the place down on a Thursday night. Yesterday, the clock hit 7:30 and I was yawning and yearning to get home to my comfy couch. We talked a good game and brought up those crazy times from our youth. But, in the end, getting into my pajamas at 8 p.m. won out. Apparently, I’m an old lady at 30.

4 comments:

Curtis Sports Imaging said...

Let me start off by saying I don't know what KAT is talking about! She must be mixing me up with another photographer...maybe B.T. from the BP and their crazy late night adventures.

sj said...

ohhh - KAT and BT were a hot item for a while.

ask her how she got all of her cavities!

FunnyGal KAT said...

How has the cavity story never made it onto our blog?!? It's a classic!

It's yours if you want it, SJ, but otherwise I will be typing that one up for next week.

I'm giggling just thinking about it!

S said...

If you think you feel old now, just wait until you have kids! You'll be jealous of their 7pm bedtime!

I also wanted to mention another blog I read on occassion: http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/
this woman has 6 kids and how she keeps herself sane is beyond me!

She's also the seller of this ebay item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675&ru=http%25
which had me near tears from laughing so hard!