let's review the quick highlights:
1) i rode the goofy rollercoaster 4 times -- which is more times than i would have pictured myself on the goofy rollercoaster, but my 4-year old cousin's daughter was too cute and she couldn't go on alone....
2) i also rode just about every single ride in all of the disney non-water parks, minus a few notable exceptions including the safari ride and stitch's great escape. everything else was fair game.
3) i spent three nights at jellyrolls, a duelling piano bar. partly because a) as we all know, it is a hidden passion of mine that i wish to be a piano bar lounge singer and b) it was an absolute blast. there were three particularly good pianomen, and notably one who did a spot on kermit the frog impression.
4) sadly, i spent not enough time enjoying the best coffee in the world (norway) and instead stuffed in every minute i could amongst the heated throngs trying to find the disney princesses, mickey and other favorite characters. w, the little girl that attached herself to me, developed a super big thing for minnie and goofy.
5) if i could be a disney princess, i still pick snow white (arguably, my pallor could also make me sleeping beauty). and hello, prince charming is a hottie! (and fyi - alladin totally has a bouffant -- and way too wiggish)
so what disney character would YOU be?
i do have a million other stories about our weeklong trip -- including my venture out into public in my care bear pajamas (i was babysitting on friday -- which apparently is a really popular night on the boardwalk for trendy people who generally do not wear care bear teeshirts).
i also have a wicked nasty cold, which apparently is a side effect you get from hanging out with two little germ factories all week long (but, albeit, very cute germ factories).
fun times, kids!
So many books...
2 years ago