Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm an INFP

According to Meyers-Briggs, I am an Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling Perceiver.

What does that mean you ask?

Apparently this:
They live life in an intently personal fashion, acting on the belief that each person is unique and that social norms are to be respected only if they do not hinder personal development or expression. They strive to adhere to their own high personal moral standards and are particularly sensitive to inconsistencies in their environment between what is being said and what is being done.

Empty promises of adhering to something they value – such as environmental causes or human rights - set off an inner alarm and they may transform themselves into modern day Joan of Arcs.

They are quietly persistent in raising awareness of cherished causes and often fight for the underdog in quiet or not-so-quiet ways. In a team, they will raise issues of integrity, authenticity, and good or bad, and may to opt out if the team refuses to address the questions raised.

They are usually tolerant and open-minded, insightful, flexible and understanding. They live for the understanding of others and feel deeply grateful when someone takes the time to get to know them personally. They have good listening skills, are genuinely concerned, insightful, and usually avid readers. At their best, they inspire others to be themselves.

4 comments:

sj said...

oh, pucemole, i'm afraid "not so much" for me. see my entry regarding the fashion police.

i was hoping the spring would be better for me, but alas, today i'm wearing all black, once again.

sj said...

yes- that's it exactly! (like for instance, wearing black and white striped tights with my dark overlord ensembles)

FunnyGal KAT said...

I'm waiting for pucemole to say he's made the same mistake! I know I always try to add a little color to my dark overlord outfits too.

Srg said...

I'm an ISFJ - Introverted, Sensing , Feeling, Judging.