Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Everything you (n)ever wanted to know about the PH and I...

I found this while cleaning out my work computer before going on maternity leave. It's a questionnaire I filled out about the PH and I, and since it will give you a break from my all-pregnancy, all-the-time posts (and I think it's kind of funny), I thought I'd post it. Everything you ever wanted to know about the Pretend Husband and I, but I just know you were too shy to ask...

How long have you been together? It feels like forever… oh wait, it’s only been four years or so (honey, if you’re reading this, I meant four blissful years…)

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
It feels like forever, but that’s because it was. I estimate about three years of card games at SJ and J’s house, dinners at SJ and J’s house and complaints about how we were never going to find a spouse at SJ and J’s dining room table. You can see how right we were about that…

Who asked whom out?
Neither. It was fate… or rather, a large bottle of vodka, that finally brought us together. That’s the romantic tale I’ll be telling the grandkids someday.

How old are each of you?
I’m a year older than the PH, which makes me a cougar. We’re both in our early 30s.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
All the moving and renovating we’ve done since we began living together. We actually made a deal to not buy or sell a house in 2010 and shook on it.

Are you from the same home town?
Nope. Two towns apart… and we met in the middle at SJ and J’s house.

Who is smarter?
He is, fo’ sho. Which is why he is in charge of our finances.

Who is the most sensitive?
Um, that would be whomever cries more often, so definitely the PH. Just kidding— I’m definitely the crier in the relationship.

Who has the craziest exes?
It’s not even a contest… it’s me (*whispers shamefully*)

Who has the worst temper?
I hope he doesn’t yell at me for this, but it’s him

Who does the cooking?
Definitely not me. I’m in charge of baking in this relationship and he does the rest. We know what we’re good at, so why mess with it?

Who is the neat-freak?
Um, I’m not and he puts up with me. He’s neat—I wouldn’t call him a neat-freak, but he’s definitely neat freakier than me.

Who is more stubborn?
I still say he is, but he insists I am. I’ll let you know how that argument turns out.

Who hogs the bed?
I’ll admit I do. He often has to ask me to inch away from him before he falls off the edge of the bed.

Who wakes up earlier?
Him, and in a much better mood than me. One of the sweetest things he does is, on the weekends, he will get up early with the dogs to take them out and feed them so I can sleep in. And, to top it off, he even sometimes brings me coffee in bed. Yup, he’s a keeper.

How long did it take to get serious?
Let’s see… we moved in together about two months after we started dating, so I’ll say… 10 minutes. I think we both knew from the starting that we weren’t just fooling around. I mean, can you imagine how awkward it would have been at SJ’s and J’s if we had broken up?

Who does the laundry?
This one is kind of a toss-up. We both do it when it needs to be done. But I get to do it with no supervision and the PH gets a long list of requirements when he heads down to the basement (no bras in the dryer, please hang my sweater on the drying rack, etc.) He’s getting better at it.

Who's better with the computer?
I’m learning that it’s me (the PH doesn’t know the shortcuts for cutting and pasting in Word… who doesn’t know those?!?) I’m not super proficient or anything, but I’m definitely the computer expert in this relationship.

Who drives when you are together?
Definitely me. He thinks it’s because he spends so much time driving for work that he doesn’t want to do it in his free time. I KNOW it’s because I’m the better driver.

No comments: