Thursday, May 27, 2010

La la la. If I can't see them, they must not exist. La la la.

Sorry for the silence lately. Work has been a bee-yotch, blah, blah, blah. And working too many hours has left less than the amount of time needed for my life to be funny.

Last night, while I was laying in bed reading, the Funny Kid in my belly decided to put on a circus act. I'm not sure what was going on in there, but there was all sorts of jabbing. Thinking the kicking, rolling and whatever else was pretty intense, I glanced at my stomach in time to see part of it pop out. So weird!

I immediately yelled for the Pretend Husband to come up and he was able to catch the tail-end of the act and thought it was neat. Then, in passing, he said something about stretch marks on my belly and I freaked out. I am proud to have avoided stretch marks this entire time, but apparently I was only avoiding them on the parts of my body I can actually see. The underside of my belly has a couple of good ones. I was able to contort myself enough to get a peek at them, but will be glad if I never have to see them again.

Needless to say, the PH and I now have a deal that he doesn't comment about any part of my body I can't see. It allows me to continue to go through this pregnancy blissfully unaware of my shortcomings. (Come to think of it, I need to figure out how to implement this policy in the rest of my life. I can't wait to tell my boss I'll no longer be accepting criticism of my work performance and that I prefer to remain blissfully unaware of my shortcomings!)

2 comments:

KAT's little sis said...

Just think of stretch marks as your "badge of honor" for surviving pregnancy and bringing a beautiful human being into this world. At least that's what I tell myself when I see mine in the mirror! Oh, but I like your deal that the PH cannot comment on any part of your body you can't see......believe me, this deal should continue in the days after you give birth too (but should include the parts you previously couldn't see but now can!)

Sally said...

I used to have those kind of circus acts going on in my tummy when I was pregnant and I loved it! Felt like I had a happy baby and that made me a happy mama!