Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tidbits: when there isn't enough for a full post

* As though life isn't exciting enough with the Pretend Husband starting his own business and kat's lil sis starting a second child, kat's lil bro had to get into the action by getting deep into the home buying process (he doesn't like it when I tell people he bought a house because it hasn't been finalized yet). When he made the offer, the PH told me I was forbidden to even pick up a paintbrush at lil bro's house until our house was done. He came home to find me painting the bedroom the next day and we rolled out the paint in the family room two days after that. I will not be thwarted in my quest to decorate lil bro's house.

* Do you think it's an indication I have a problem when I come close to finishing the renovations of one house and immediately start trying to figure out how to buy another one that needs work? I mean, just as we finished our first house, we bought the second and now that the second is almost done, lil bro has one ready for me to work on. The PH says we're not buying a third house when lil bro's is done. I may just have to start flipping houses to satisfy this weird urge of mine. Unless SJ is ready to buy a house and let me decorate it...

* Remember the guy who works for me who cannot get my name right? He happened to mention a few weeks ago that he drove by the office and didn't see my car (little creepy because he has not reason to be driving by and it's not even close to being on the way to anything...) Well, he upped the creepiness factor the other day when he stopped by my office and said, "Did you get a new car?" I had driven my brother's car to work that day, but I just said, "no." Then he replied, "Oh, because I thought I saw your license plate on another car." What?!? I'm not sure I even know my license plate number, so why in the world does this guy?!?

6 comments:

Nanc Twop said...

More than a little creepy.

Smart that you didn't offer him any more information. Perhaps you could keep borrowing other cars until he gives up trying figure out which one is yours...

Gorilla Bananas said...

That man obviously has a a car fetish. I wouldn't be surprised if he put a banana up your exhaust pipe. Or something even kinkier.

Srg said...

If SJ buys a house I think you and I should show up with paint brushes in hand! There are some days where I really feel I could take on home renovations (interior ones anyway) as a full time job. The satisfaction after completing a project is so fulfilling!

Oh and that guy - total creepiness!!

Nickie. said...

Wow-thats creepy. =( but house flipping would be sweet! =)

Organic Meatbag said...

Ooooof...that guy is a little weird...don't be surprised if he shows up for work today wearing the same dress you wear... or pants...or ...hmmm...if he wears a bra outside of his shirt...or under his shirt...either way, I believe he is strange...

Pollyanna said...

Very creepy guy indeed.

If you need to satisfy your insatiable desire to decorate/paint, I've got a whole house for you. I like to paint too, but I just need motivation and a willing partner to do it with :)