Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Keeping the Pretend Husband on his toes...

We were originally supposed to fly home from visiting the cutest nephew ever in Florida on Saturday, but since the Pretend Husband's beloved Red Sox kept the series alive by scoring an extra run Friday night (or tackling the quarterback or getting called for icing or making some free throws or something else sports-related...) the boys from Beantown were going to be in-- you guessed it-- Florida Saturday night. And not that close to where we were, but when the PH threw out an "Can we stay an extra day so the Pretend Bro-in-law and I can go to the game tomorrow night?" I thought, "Why the heck not?" and said, "Why the heck not?"

And the PH, apparently ready with a bunch of reasons to persuade me to say yes, didn't know how to respond. But you know what? I think it was a good strategy on my part because the PH spent the rest of the day wondering what he did right to make me agree to the plan. That, and when I came home with some new clothes and a cute pair of shoes, he started to give me a hard time until I said, "This is my Red Sox ticket." I think he's still trying to think of a comeback for that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you might be able to milk this for a while....I'm just thinking you could get a few more items for your wardrobe before he starts to catch on....

Srg said...

I think your red sox ticket should include a day at the spa as well!

C.S. Perry said...

Yeah... but you can't drink beer and paint your face and cheer for a cute outfit and a pair of shoes.
Can you?