Wednesday, December 21, 2005

holy too many cookies, batman.

so I brought in some cookies monday to work – a modest tin full of a large variety. but one of the executives’ wives apparently is a pastry chef for the four seasons and sent over a tray of cookies, biscotti and other such delights.

Somehow, my peanut butter and jelly thumbprints pale in comparison.

I still haven’t made the rum balls. Frankly, I’m a little sick of baking. But I will make them. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Friday. At some point, nilla wafers will be crushed and rum will be poured. And then maybe I’ll make the rum balls.

Sunday afternoon was filled with wine (more for some than others), cocktails and baking. Could there be better ingredients for good times, I ask you?

Highlights overheard at the cookie swap:
“oops.” overheard when my cousin discovered she inadvertently put the cooling rack in the oven along with her unbaked cookies. Not a big deal, and may have had something to do with the wine.

“Jen was making egg nog cookies, too, so I brought mine…” completely inadvertent comment made by me. I meant to say jen’s recipe was different, so I wanted her to be able to try mine too – but it came out badly, like I was saving everyone by bringing mine… oh… well you get it.

“k made some cookies of his own, and I need to take them out of the oven.” said my b-i-l about the 3- month peanut, baby k, baker of dirty diapers.

“it’s not even clear.” hysterical comment made in retrospect referring to a hefty bauble being sported on my cousin’s hand.

2 comments:

Srg said...

I plan on making those rum balls this afternoon. How about if I double the recipe and you take half?

sj said...

aww, stac, you're the best.

but i do already have the nilla wafer's crushed, and the instant coffee in my cupboard, so i'm going to go forward with the rum balls. thanks, though!!! i'll bring you some cookies...